Old 19-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
hamgatan
1JZ Underperformance Guru

hamgatan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hamgatan
Default Toyota EPC Part Codes Forum - General Questions Thread

Hi All,

You will by now have noticed the subtle (NOT!) changes I've made to the Forums and separated a complete different section for Toyota EPC Part codes relating to our Z20 Soarers.

There is nothing there yet. Duh!. This is because it will take a VERY long time to compile this information piece by piece out of the EPC.

Please be patient as I do have a million and one other things to do besides this in my life, so I will do it as time permits.

If anyone else has the EPC and would like to help out in the authoring process, please send me a PM and let me know. Tasks get done faster if you're working as a team!

Regards

Chris

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
| Black Knight
JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.
hamgatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
hamgatan
1JZ Underperformance Guru

hamgatan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hamgatan

Another Thing to Note,

Given that the Soarer, not unlike many other Toyota's of its time had both an early model and a later model revision, each with their subtle differences, This section will state and clarify what parts apply to what models.

We will use the standard Japanese naming of "Zenki" for Early Models and "Kouki" For Late Models. This format is currently used to differentiate many 80's Toyota's such as the AE86 as an example.

For reference purposes,

Zenki will apply to All Soarers built between January 1986 and January 1988. This is the Soarers with the 2nd Gen 1GGTE, the 1GGEU, and the 1st Gen 7MGTE. These Soarers are noted for their Red "Winged Lion" emblem on the front grille which is in a Honeycomb pattern. The rear tail-lights on Zenki Soarers are plain and dull, and appear to be comprised of two halves.

Kouki will apply to All Soarers built between February 1988 and end of line production in April 1991. These Soarers have the white "winged lion" emblem on the front grille which is a revised chrome grill. The tail-lights are the most noticeable aspect of these cars, appearing to be in 3 parts with a strip across the middle containing the Soarer badging. This will apply to 3rd Gen 1GGTE's, and 2nd Gen 7MGTE's

JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
1JZ-GTE + R154 + Garrett T04S/External Gate + 550cc + Bosch 040 + KoyoRad + Custom Plenum + 90mm TB + Kaaz 1.5Way + Cusco Comp-S + Cusco Strut Brace + Nightpager 4 Pot Conversion + HID's [GZ 20 WA]
| Black Knight
JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V Sugoi Ne~! | 270rwhp of Green Apple Splatters!
GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and in MINT Unmolested Condition.
B7 2005 Audi A4 TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin My Pimp Hand Strong.
hamgatan is offline   Reply With Quote